SOCAR’s Driving Tips & Safety Guidelines for Your Safe Journey
As a car sharing community, SOCAR considers your safety as our highest priority, and always thrive to educate our valued members on taking safer rides with us.
Statistics show that 75% of major accidents happen during night time trips between midnight and 6:00am
Here are some safety tips from SOCAR that can ensure a safe ride.
Drive Responsibly, Follow Road Rules and SOCAR Guidelines
Speeding, inattention to road rules, and drunk driving are definitely the main ingredients for night time collisions. To ensure that you and your loved ones in the vehicle can have a safe & easeful journey, please be more vigilant and mindful when driving, especially at night.
Did you know? If found speeding, or drunk driving, you may incur a penalty of RM300 (or more) and also leading up to termination of your SOCAR account.
In the event of an accident, please note that SOCAR’s SCDW will not cover for drunk driving or speeding related circumstances.
Before you drive, always do a self-check
You might think you’re fit to get behind the wheel, but ask yourself again if you’re experiencing:
- Night vision problems
- Being under harmful influence
- Complete darkness on the road
If any of the above applies to you, please take extra caution and countermeasures to reduce the risk of trouble while driving. Here are some tips for you:
- Make a stop to get some rest before continue driving
- Drive at a slower speed and minimise distractions (radio, talking to passengers, etc)
- Make sure your windshields are clean and headlights are functioning well
Ensure that the vehicle is being driven only by a registered SOCAR member.
Always make sure that the vehicle is being driven by a registered SOCAR user. Please note that you may incur a penalty of RM300 (or more) if found to have violated this term.
You may assign another person to drive, provided they are also a verified SOCAR member. If you opt-in for this option, please remember to “Add Second Driver” just after making your reservation, before the trip begins.
However, please be informed that you may only assign one other person to drive apart from yourself, and both of you have to be together in the car while driving.
In the event of an accident, please note that SOCAR’s SCDW will not cover if the driver is not a registered SOCAR member.
Here’s what to do if you do get into an accident.
In case of an accident, we recommend you to immediately follow the below steps. Carrying out these steps in an orderly manner will ensure that you keep SOCAR team updated on the accident and avoid potential penalties.
- Report the accident to SOCAR’s Customer Support via Live Chat on the app.
- Take photos of all accident damages including other third party vehicle and property damages.
- If the car is not in a drivable condition, don’t leave the vehicle unattended until the SOCAR authorised towing vendor reaches the accident premises.
- Don’t sign any document with any unauthorised towing company without consulting SOCAR Customer Support
- Click on the top left ‘Accident’ icon on the SmartKey page
- Upload all the necessary photos of the accident after selecting the accident category
- Lodge a police report on the accident within 24 hours and submit it to Customer Support via Live Chat on the app
“The Safe Way is the Best Way”
It’s important to be extra cautious once you’re on the road. Speeding may be a good “adrenaline rush” fun, but another person’s safety is beyond price.
Be cool. Be thoughtful. Be a responsible driver.