How to: Protect Yourself with SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver)
Bad luck on the road can happen when we least expect it. On some occasions, it can even lead to costly repair charges. Fortunately, SOCAR includes basic Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) accident insurance with every booking.
This means that in the event of an accident, SOCAR members only have to make a payment of a maximum excess amount limit, based on vehicle type:
- Economy (Perodua Axia or similar) : RM2000 max payable limit
- Intermediate (Honda City or similar) : RM3000 max payable limit
- Standard (Honda HR-V or similar) : RM3000 max payable limit
- Luxury (BMW / MINI or similar) : RM5000 max payable limit
What is SCDW?
Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) accident insurance helps members save even more in the event of an accident, by reducing the maximum payable limit for accident repair charges by a significant amount.
With three SCDW options to choose from, we offer the flexibility to select the maximum payable limit on accident repair charges, based on the vehicle types offered by SOCAR:
(Axia, Alza, Myvi, Bezza, Iriz, Picanto, and similar.)
- Basic SCDW : RM1500 max payable limit
- Standard SCDW : RM500 max payable limit
- Premium SCDW : RM200 max payable limit
(City, Jazz, Mazda2, New Vios, Vios, Polo, Rush, Yaris, and similar.)
- Basic SCDW : RM2500 max payable limit
- Standard SCDW : RM750 max payable limit
- Premium SCDW : RM300 max payable limit
(Altis, CRV, CX5, BRV, HRV, Passat, Tucson, and similar.)
- Basic SCDW : RM3500 max payable limit
- Standard SCDW : RM1000 max payable limit
- Premium SCDW : RM400 max payable limit
(All BMW & MINI models, and similar.)
- Basic SCDW : RM4500 max payable limit
- Standard SCDW : RM1250 max payable limit
- Premium SCDW : RM500 max payable limit
How do I apply SCDW to my booking?
- In the ‘Confirm Reservation’ page, tap ‘Super Collision Damage Waiver’ to open the SCDW selection tab.
- Select the SCDW option you prefer (Basic SCDW selected by default).
- Tap ‘Proceed’ to confirm your selection.
What do I do if I have an accident?
Our SCDW accident insurance is only effective if you do the following within 1 hour from the time of the accident:
- Lodge a police report on the accident.
- Report the accident to SOCAR.
- Provide SOCAR with a copy of the accident report (for us to process the claim with our insurance provider).
So please call our Customer Support number (03-9779 0303) immediately, and we will assist you from there. You can also inform us through our SOCAR app’s SmartKey page (Contact SOCAR / Accident Report).
Be sure to include SCDW with every SOCAR booking to protect yourself from excessive accident repair charges in the future. Have a safe drive!
To learn more about SCDW terms & conditions, visit https://socar.my/terms.