How-to: Sign up for SOCAR (Foreigner’s Edition)
Applying with a Foreign License
In order to get your profile verified by SOCAR, you should be 21 years old (or above) and upload the documents required as listed below.
1. A selfie with your valid passport next to your face. Ensure not to cover your face with the passport. The image should not be blurred and passport details should be shown clearly.
2. A copy of your Domestic Drivers’ License (a) or International Driving Permit (b)
(a). Domestic Drivers’ License
Please provide a photo of both the front and back (if any) side of your valid driving license.
- All valid European Union (EU) drivers’ licenses are accepted.
- Non – EU domestic drivers’ licenses are accepted if the information labels are in English. If not you’ll need an accompanying letter from the Embassy with the English translation.
If your Driving License is neither from EU nor in English, you need to register with the International Driving Permit.
Please upload a copy of:
- Cover page, issue date and expiry date clearly shows the validity
- Photo page
Only applicable classes are: B, C, D, E.
When submitting your documents, please understand that we only accept driver’s licenses that are recognised and can be used for driving in Malaysia. Please visit JPJ’s website for further information.
You’ll receive an SMS from us once your account is approved.